North West Cancer Research Shark Dive - Essential Information & Declaration
Booking Terms & Conditions
- The cost of your dive is £260. You must raise a MINIMUM SPONSORSHIP OF £500 to cover this cost. Your non-refundable deposit of £50 goes towards the cost of your dive. The sponsorship must be handed in no later than Friday 15th March 2024. If handed in later you run the risk of being unable to complete your dive as the Charity will not cover the cost of the dive on Saturday 23rd March 2024.
- All booking deposits are non-refundable. A £50 re-booking fee will be charged for transferring Dive dates that have no medical reason associated. This is payable to Blue Planet Aquarium and is in addition to the original booking deposit. This should not be taken from sponsorship money raised for North West Cancer Research.
- All experiences are non-refundable, unless the diver is medically unfit to participate. In this case, we will send you a medical exemption form to be signed off by a general practitioner. Upon receipt of the medical exemption, Blue Planet Aquarium will issue a refund in the form of a cheque (minus administration fees).
- Blue Planet Aquarium Dive instructors research the right to refuse medical notes if they feel that the diver is unsuitable to participate and/or could jeopardize the health and safety of themselves or other participants.
- If the diver fails to appear for the dive without prior notification the dive and all payments will be forfeit. Methods of contact can be made through email or telephones.
- If you are unable to participate on the given day, Blue Planet Aquarium will be happy to reschedule your dive, provided no less than FOURTEEN DAYS notice given. This 14 day notice will be strictly adhered to. If the diver gives less than 14 days’ notice, additional booking charges will be incurred.
- Blue Planet Aquarium reserves the right to cancel, alter or amend any of the times and dates without notice if operational or other circumstances require them to do so.
- If Blue Planet Aquarium cancels, postpones or alters any of the dive events at any given time the participant accepts that Blue Planet Aquarium is not responsible or liable for any external costs. Examples include travel costs, hotel costs etc. This list is not exhaustive.
- Medical Restrictions - It is mandatory to complete a PADI medical disclaimer prior to the Dive. This is a basic health questionnaire. In some instances, you may need to have an additional form to be signed by your GP, prior to commencing the Dive. Please note – doctors may charge additional fees, which are the responsibility of the diver and must not be taken from sponsorship money raised.
- Non qualified Divers – or divers wishing to take part in the experience, must be at least 16 years of age and in reasonable health.
- Qualified Divers – must bring all SCUBA certifications, current and up to date log book of proof of dives, and have a minimum of one logged dive within the last SIX MONTHS. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your Dive and no refunds will be given.
- Any damages to hired equipment must be paid for in full.
- Qualified divers under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present on the day of the event.
- Divers wishing to use their own equipment must first seek approval from Blue Planet Aquarium.
- Divers using their own equipment accept our condition that it must be serviced to the manufacturers recommendations and in good working order. Breaching these conditions may results in cancelling your experience and the company will not accept any liability or fault if equipment related issues occur. An admin charge may be incurred.
- When using equipment from outside of Blue Planet Aquarium, it must be disinfected before the dive.
By registering for the North West Cancer Research Shark Dive on Saturday 23rd March 2024, I acknowledge that undertaking an underwater dive is considered a high-risk activity.
I accept I have been made fully aware of and confirm that I fully understand the dangers and risks involved in underwater diving (including, but not limited to, the medical risks associated with underwater diving at Blue Planet Aquarium, with potentially dangerous animals). In particular, I acknowledge that animal behaviour can be unpredictable. I hereby confirm that, unless where Blue Planet is negligent, I will not hold Blue Planet Aquarium (or any company within the same group of companies and their representatives) responsible for any liability, expense, loss, claim, damage or injury howsoever suffered by me, which may occur as a result of my participation in underwater diving at Blue Planet Aquarium, Ellesmere Port.
I agree that should I, for any reason, deviate from the instructions relating to the dive, the conduct requirement of the dive and/or from the dive plan, or if I have failed to provide requested information, or have provided incomplete, incorrect or misleading information, Blue Planet Aquarium may abort the dive without refund of monies to me.
I agree to indemnify Blue Planet Aquarium, any other company within the same group of companies, and all of their representatives from all liabilities, expenses, losses, claims or damage suffered by all or any of them as a result of any such deviation, failure to provide by me.
I acknowledge that the decision of the Blue Planet Aquarium, whether or not to allow me to participate in an underwater dive at Blue Planet Aquarium, Ellesmere Port, is final.
I also acknowledge that this disclaimer and indemnity do not affect my statutory or other legal rights.