Research Development Grants – Total Budget <£70k (2020-2021)
A total fund is available of £70,000 and within this the Charity are hoping to make a number of separate grants. The average value of an application in recent years has been around £11,000. Grants must aim to develop work which is highly relevant to cancer and with the aim that new funding could be brought in as a result of this.
The final deadline for submission is 5th March 2021. Applications will be reviewed and evaluated on a competitive basis by the NWCR PhD funding panel which is meeting on 25th May 2021. We expect researchers to be informed of the outcome by 31st May 2021
The below terms of reference are to aid submission of proposals:
- Eligibility: Funding is available to researchers working at the universities situated in Cumbria, Lancashire, Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales;
- Any sum can be requested up to a maximum of £70,000 but the Charity are likely to make several grants within the total funding envelope. The average award made under this scheme is ~£11K.. Note that funds must be spent within 12 months of the project award date.
- The most important quality that the Charity is looking for is outstanding cancer research in the form of new pilot projects, which have a strong potential to lead to project and/or programme grants.
- All projects should reference cancer types and / or treatments which are relevant to the people of the North West of England and / or North Wales;
- The research could support establishment of research core facilities not presently available to researchers.
- Proposals for matched funding for access to-, use of- and/or purchase of- multiuser equipment will be considered;
- Proposals for travel assistance and short research placements to encourage collaborations and Knowledge Exchange (KE) between laboratories, which will lead to successful project and/or programme grants, will be considered.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions and return all submissions via the link on the website.
View the group who will be assessing your application here.