The Big Jump, Skydiving Challenge
Essential Information & Declaration
If we were forced to postpone any/all business activities due to the Government restrictions concerning the Covid-19 outbreak then we would postpone all skydives until a later date and all of our Terms and Conditions laid out below still apply.
Booking Terms & Conditions
- The cost of your jump is £215. You must raise a MINIMUM SPONSORSHIP OF £450to cover this cost. Your non-refundable deposit goes towards the cost of your jump. The sponsorship must be handed in no later than Monday 2nd May 2022. If handed in later you run the risk of being unable to complete your jump as the Charity will not cover the cost of the jump on Saturday 7th May.
- Should the weather be unsuitable to jump, or you have cancelled due to illness or injury with a valid doctor’s note, transferring to a new jump date will be provided at no extra cost.
- All booking deposits are non-refundable.
- A £50 re-booking fee will be charged for transferring jump dates that have no medical reason associated. This is payable to the airfield and is in addition to the original booking deposit. This should not be taken from sponsorship money raised for NWCR.
- All cancellations and transfers must be made FOUR WEEKS before the date.
Skydiving and parachuting is an activity sport and, as such, a degree of physical fitness is required for some of our courses. All customers must therefore comply with the following age, weight, height and health restrictions:
- All customers are weighed on arrival. Providing false or inaccurate information in advance may result in your exclusion from the course. Max 15 stone Min 8 stone.
- As our concern is for your safety, we reserve the right to refuse training at the Chief Centre Instructor’s (CI) discretion. In addition, to improve safety, the CI may choose to postpone a jump if weather conditions are not suitable for an individual student at that time.
- For AFF and Static Line courses, all students must be within their Body Mass Index (BMI). Participating in parachuting and skydiving courses above the weights and heights specified significantly increases your risk of injury on landing.
- If you have a medical condition or injury at any age, you must inform us and may be required to get a medical form signed in advance. If you are in any doubt as to your physical ability to take part in the skydive then you must consult your doctor.
The principal medical restrictions for the skydive are diabetes, epilepsy, fits, recurrent blackouts, heart or lung disease, mental illness and some cases of asthma, but if in doubt please call Black Knights Parachute Centre for further information. You will be required to sign a medical declaration form before your jump, which will be sent to you on receipt of your registration form and is also available upon request. Those under the age of 18 will need to have their form signed by a parent or guardian. Those with a medical condition will need it signed by their doctor. If you think you need a medical form for health reasons, please call us before you register.
On payment to the parachute centre of the fee for training and the jump, all jumpers are covered by the British Parachute Association Liability Insurance Policy up to £2 million for liability to Third Parties. Please note this does not cover you or your dependants for personal injury, including death. You are strongly reccomended to take out your own insurance cover for personal accidents benefits to whichever level you consider appropriate. You can do this either in conjunction with your own insurance broker or we can provide you with a parachuting Personal Insurance Form. If in doubt, please seek independent advice.
Parachuting is an adventure sport and participation in such sports necessarily involves a risk of death regardless of the standard of training, supervision and equipment. I voluntarily accept all the risks inherent on the sport and I agree for myself and my personal representatives to indemnify and hold harmless North West Cancer Research against any claim whether on my own account or from third parties arising out of any accident or incident resulting in any loss or damage (including bodily injury and death). I confirm that I have read all above sections and I understand and agree to be bound to those terms and conditions and to comply fully.