apply for funding
How to apply for funding
The next grant application deadline will be 5pm on Monday 3 April 2017.
Please ensure that an electronic version of the completed application form and relevant appendices are sent to Dominique@nwcr.org. A signed, hard copy should also be sent to Dominique Hare, Research Officer, North West Cancer Research, 200 London Road, L3 9TA.
Before completing and submitting an application, please ensure that you have read and understood the grant application guidance notes.
- Grants are provided by North West Cancer Research to fund cancer research across three main areas: Basic, Translational and Preventative.
- Applications must be submitted by one of the following deadline dates: 1 April and 1 October; unless otherwise stated on the website. Late applications will not be considered and will be held over to the following meeting.
- Applications are to be submitted to Dominique Hare, North West Cancer Research, NWCR Centre, 200 London Road, Liverpool L3 9TA. One original, signed copy is required and, in addition, a copy should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consideration will be given for financial support for research project grants. Project grants are normally awarded for three years and are subject to satisfactory review at the end of the first and final year. Project grants may be provided to support students undertaking research in cancer leading to a higher degree. Student stipend is set at £19,000 per annum.
- Support for Lectureships, Chair positions and PhD Studentships may also be considered. Please contact Dominique Hare (email@example.com) in the first instance to discuss your proposal.
- Resubmissions of applications are not permitted within 12 months, unless invited to do so by the committee.